Does the Bible help with Depression?
There are specific quotes in the Bible that target emotional health and well being and this should come as no surprise. This Book of books does cover, in my opinion the whole range of humanity, including depression and its symptoms. As a source of a help for depression, one might say, it could work wonders when used wisely. I would say, "He works wonders."
These symptoms of depression, which should make us seek help,
- include feeling alone,
- having low-self esteem,
- a negative outlook on life and
- even in some more adverse cases, suicidal thoughts.
Thankfully, there is a God who cares...
and His assistance in regards to a successful depression treatment remains unmatched. The key is you have to approach the methods the RIGHT WAY.
Most of us turn to prayer in seeking depression help. However, to get the answers you seek for your problems, sometimes you need a clear mind. We can approach the throne of Yah with the wrong attitude. This perhaps can come from a cleaner body. Since fasting is advocated in several faiths, perhaps this is why most people in the Bible fasted before, during and after seeking God's help.
Remember drugless remedies have three limbs:
Diet, exercise and Positive thinking.
In my dailyketodiet.com blog, I covered the diet and exercise part, let's deal with positive thoughts for depression help.
To strengthen your thoughts and emotional health with the Bible, I refer you to what I label as thought conditioners that you can use for depression help in conjunction to the proper diet and exercises touched on in other articles.
Depression Help: Biblical Quotes for Positive Affirmations
1. Romans 12:2 - "Be ye Transformed by the renewing of your thoughts"
2. Nahum 1:7 - "The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble and He remembers those that trust in Him"
3. Isaiah 41:10 - "Fear not for I am with you, don't be dismayed for I am your God,
I will help you and make you strong and uphold you with my victorious Right Hand"
4. Hebrews 13:5 - "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
5. Psalm 23:4 - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
6. 1 Corinthians 10:13 - "No temptation (problem) has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted (tested) beyond what you are able, but with the temptation (problem) will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."
Okay, I have to stop friend. Why? Because there are TONS of verses from which you can draw spiritual strength and help for depression. They are best personalized to make them work effectively as depression tools for your situation.
You may want to repeat them upon waking up, or right before going to sleep to enable the thoughts to seek into your subconscious. Moreover, why not try affirming some of these words mentally during the day?
Remember though, as powerful as these verses are, to derive the best results, ensure to include the other methods of drug-free healing, being exercise and diet in regards to a successful depression help program.
So empower yourself today to a successful help for depression with biblical quotes and the right positive attitude.
In His presence is fullness of joy.
May happiness and true joy be yours.
Be encouraged by God's Word and fill your soul with His promises for victory in overcoming depression. Get help for depression through comforting scriptures, soothing music, and lovely photographs and video. Find peace and joy and new life. Please get a copy of my book, The Power of God's Word for Healing, Volume 1 of the Christian Healing Devotional Series.
Please read Part 2, found here -