Did I throw you for a loop here?
Here are 8 inspirational Woody Allen quotes.
I know... I don't even watch his movies anymore. After so many years, I need a little something beside the young girl falling for this little (quite older) man movies. However, his dialogue in his early (and most) movies is top notch-ery. His stand-up was good.
How come people go through much of life with vein-popping stress? Pop a little dose of humor for that.
Humor is indeed a sweet medicine no matter who you are. I mean anyone can pay good money to listen to a comedian just to make you spew a little Pepsi through your nose. Despite of what's grabbing at your gizzard, it's better to just laugh than to stew up with anger. One of my favorite comedians, back in the day, may have to be Woody Allen. Now this is one guy can talk about almost anything, and you'll end up laughing rather than being upset about it.
Disclaimer: If any of the allegations about him are true, I must say, I do not support him in any of these endeavors. I do not know him, so I can not personally stand by him in any way.
I have to admit that I enjoy his wit, so today, I take a little time to share some quotes attributed to him.
1. "Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons."
2. "I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."
3. "There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman?"
4. "Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."
5. "I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens."
6. "I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose."
7. "If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans."
And to sum things up, here is the last little nugget of mirth to go by…
8. "The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have."
There you go. No reason to lose our smile when we get old.
I leave you with this video which compiles Woody quotes related to success. More disclaimers: Woody is pretty much an atheist and he makes some parenthetical statements which are not usually the stuff of my blogs, but I am impressed with the Youtube work that Evan Carmichael does here in pulling takeaways from interviews. Let me know what you think of these success rules.